Thursday, April 3, 2014

Travel issue(s)

Sometimes my lifestyle, which often has me travelling, isn't really conducive to keeping up a routine or a training regime... But as we say in swedish: Shame on those who give up! So even if I spent all of this past week travelling between Höör, Lund ans Uppsala, and didn't succeed with posting something for last weekend, I still managed - rather spontaneously, as you can judge by my running workout attire (!) - to do an improv today when I was in Uppsala. And this one is a bit unusual, since it takes place outdoors, on a bird-watching platform overlooking the Fyrisån river (or actually it's smaller than a river, but hey). I know, I know, I'm VERY bundled up for a belly dance performance. I'll admit that the belly movements are probably the least visible thing about this dance... But bear with me, it was 3°C that morning... :P



So this week's attempt was also done without music, because I couldn't use my phone both as a camera and a music player at the same time - that'll explain my dangling headphones ;) But I'm beginning to feel pretty confident about my ability to keep time, because once again I found a song that coincidentally matches my movements pretty well! I'm slways a bit sad when using this method that I'm not able to accentuate particular things happening in the music, but weirdly enough, some of the stuff I do seems to fit hand-in-love with other details (it's just a matter of sliding around the soundtrack until the beats hit something distinct ;)

On a side note - those who know me might be in a state of shock that I've taken up running, since I've spent most of my life expressing vehement hatred towards running... But as late as a year ago I discovered that I have been running with incorrect technique (too fast & too big strides, which burned me out fast), so when I discovered how to pace myself, it became fascinating to see how far I could go without stopping. But that's just a side note to the testament that I'm crazy enough to have signed up for an obstacle course race with some colleagues at the end of April (!!!).

It will be either the death of me, or one hell of a fika story ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment